Registrable Industrial Design
- Fulfill the interpretation of Industrial design
- New in Malaysia or elsewhere
- Not contrary to public order or morality
Importance of Industrial Design Registration
Owner of a registered design has the exclusive right to make, import, sell or hire out any article to which the design has been applied.
Who May Apply??
Non-Registrable Industrial Design
- A method or principle of construction
- The designs of articles depend upon the appearance of another article which forms an integral part of the article
- It differs only in immaterial details or features
- The features of the article are dictated solely by function
Period of Registration
- A registered industrial design is given an initial protection period of 5 years from the date of filing.
- Extendable for a further four consecutive terms. The maximum protection period is 25 years.